Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrappy blues/neutral Jacob's ladder quilt--copied from Bonnie Hunter's site

Scrappy blues/neutral Jacob's ladder quilt--copied from Bonnie Hunter's site

Here's one I just finished up the binding this afternoon while watching the Olympics. I used Bonnie Hunter's site for the inspiration, taken from this page, only I used larger squares to start with.
    http://quiltville.com/scrapusersystem.shtml

I used a thick polyester batting and on purpose didn't quilt it very much as I wanted it to stay puffy.

My quilt holders are at camp, so I had to leave it on the floor for the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

I love Jacob's Ladder and your fabrics are perfect! The puffy look is nice too, looks like a snuggly quilt!

I also love that design from quiltville. Isn't that Blue Ridge Beauty? I never realized it was a Jacob's ladder block though. I thought it was a Buckeye Beauty block that she changed the direction of the HST in the corners. But this exact same quilt is on my bucket list and also done in scrappy blues and neutrals. You did a wonderful job on it.

Really pretty. I am doing a lot of bindings during the Olympics.
    Jojos Nana, Carol

it's beautiful. I've always loved the color and pattern together.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    I also love that design from quiltville. Isn't that Blue Ridge Beauty? I never realized it was a Jacob's ladder block though. I thought it was a Buckeye Beauty block that she changed the direction of the HST in the corners. But this exact same quilt is on my bucket list and also done in scrappy blues and neutrals. You did a wonderful job on it.
    You might be right. I just thought it was a Jacob's ladder type of block. I didn't see her give it a name. It is basically 2 half square triangles and 2 4 patch blocks.

I love chains and the effect that they have when done...and I was pleased. I think I might have wished to make it a bit bigger is all...but it started out for charity...we'll see.--goal was twin sized. It'll probably end up for charity as I simply don't need it. Plus, I'm learning how to FMQ--goal is to to FMQ my charity quilts in the future instead of tying them.

Blog Entries
    Love the blues. May have to add this one to my list
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Diet Dr. Pepper in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

very pretty, I love the puffy look!

Power Poster
    Beautiful quilt! I love the variety of fabrics in Bonnie's quilts and yours is super. Missouri Star Quilt Co has tutorial on a quick Jacob's Ladder also. It is on my Bucket List too.

That is a wonderful array of blue fabrics! It came out wonderful! ! I too use Bonnie Hunters site .. especially when I have no clue as to what to do... and need that nudge to get me going on my scraps.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast