Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: scrappy fleece receiving blanket

That's darling. Great use of your scraps.

I love this quilt. I found Nancy Cornwalls books, but could you please tell me which book this is in? She has so many. Do you own many of her books? I love working with fleece and love this look

A very pretty little quilt.
    God Bless you all.
    Heather.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miniqlt View Post
    I love this quilt. I found Nancy Cornwalls books, but could you please tell me which book this is in? She has so many. Do you own many of her books? I love working with fleece and love this look
    It's in More Polar Magic--Expanded Fleece Techniques. p.25 she describes the overlapping and p. 124 she has a scrappy blanket of square blocks. It's the only book I have of hers--I found it at my guild's book sale.
    Glad you like my blanket! Thanks!

Could you do this by using some minkee 5" squares in a few places or would it not hold up. I have some pretty pink./purple/white fleece and found some minkee squares i would like to incoporate into it? Or would I be better off to just sew the minkee and fleece together and put the rest of the fleece on the back for backing as I had bought enough fleece for the backs ?
    Thanks as I have not sewn with minkee yet.
    Children leave footprints on your heart that last a liftime.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by binkister View Post
    Could you do this by using some minkee 5" squares in a few places or would it not hold up. I have some pretty pink./purple/white fleece and found some minkee squares i would like to incoporate into it? Or would I be better off to just sew the minkee and fleece together and put the rest of the fleece on the back for backing as I had bought enough fleece for the backs ?
    Thanks as I have not sewn with minkee yet.
    I have minky scraps I'd like to use as well. The problem is that minky shreds; the fleece can be cut along it's edges and will not shred. I'd love to hear some ideas for using minky scraps.

very cute-love the little ducks!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6