Scrappy Floral Log Cabin - questions answered on first post

Old 10-07-2008, 04:14 PM

WOW WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Old 10-08-2008, 03:43 AM

Awesome! Congratulations!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:04 AM

Why didn't you receive 1st Place Award?
Old 10-12-2008, 08:45 AM

Your comments are all so nice! Thank you for taking your time to comment.

It was a community quilt show. First prize went to a hand quilted BEAUTY!!! I even voted for it! It was the organizer's first show, and she is just beginning to quilt herself. I don't think it even crossed her mind to do separate categories. I'm ok with it. The winning quilt was definitely the top quilt.

I just got back from Innovations, a machine quilters show and conference. In that show, two ribbons are awarded to each winning quilt. This way, the top maker and the quilter each gets a ribbon. More and more shows are doing this. For those of us who longarm, it's nice to have the recognition of our contribution to a winning quilt.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:45 AM
Power Poster

Thats a great idea to share the ribbons. It would sure help you to build your long arm business, but with the kind of work you do....you are probably waaay to busy to worry about getting more customers, I bet you are very backed up!! :lol:
Old 10-13-2008, 06:31 AM

Right now, today, I am not backed up. I broke my wrist on Valentines Day, and I'm still trying to get my customers back into the groove! Some just have it in their heads that I'm still packing around a cast. We all loose track of time.

Not just for me, but for all the LongArmer's: Don't assume we're buried, CALL!!! Sometimes we get a short lull and can get something in and out really quick! I heard a story at a show this weekend that a LAer went two weeks without any quilts. She started to worry. She finally called a good friend. The friend hadn't sent any quilts, she thought the LAer was too busy. The topmaker actually had 6 quilts that needed to be done. We're here to help you get your quilts done.

CALL!!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Shelley
Right now, today, I am not backed up. I broke my wrist on Valentines Day, and I'm still trying to get my customers back into the groove! Some just have it in their heads that I'm still packing around a cast. We all loose track of time.

Not just for me, but for all the LongArmer's: Don't assume we're buried, CALL!!! Sometimes we get a short lull and can get something in and out really quick! I heard a story at a show this weekend that a LAer went two weeks without any quilts. She started to worry. She finally called a good friend. The friend hadn't sent any quilts, she thought the LAer was too busy. The topmaker actually had 6 quilts that needed to be done. We're here to help you get your quilts done.

CALL!!!!
Oh, Shelley, that's so nice to know! I always assume that my longarm quilter is busy -- she works full time as a nurse. And sometimes she is "covered up" but she still manages to create beautiful work in a timely manner. But maybe I won't wait so long to call her now :wink:
Old 10-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Power Poster

Shelley, I had no idea...I just always assumed that all LAers stayed busy all the time. I have never had one quilted..I always do my own, but maybe one day I'll try sending 1 out :lol:
Old 10-13-2008, 08:43 PM

That is one BEAUTIFUL quilt!!! You did an excellent job! I just love the quilting too..wow!! great job!!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:41 AM

wow, the craftsmanship is AMAZING! Fantastic job!