Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) >

Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :)

Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :)

Old 08-01-2012, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
VickiM:

PattinWisconsin: I love your log cabin with attitude. How cool is that. Did you do QAYG in strips?
I did all the quilting. The center strip was a panto, the other is free motion and ruler work. No computer assistance here.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by jzaaboo View Post
Here's the first and only real scrappy I've done, I had been on a real 30's repo tear, and these are the leftovers from that. I have a tendancy to give away or toss scraps, but I've decided to keep them within reason so I can make more scrappys.
I love your scrappy!! I may have to borrow this idea for my next one.. and done with those beautiful reproductions...
Old 08-01-2012, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by thomp116 View Post
Lori S, Ps 150, and VickiM: All so very different, all so pretty, and all SCRAPS! And VickiM, beautiful granddaughter.
Couldn't have said it better! Wonderful!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:01 PM

Great snowball/9P jzaaboo!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:38 AM

I participated in the ugly fabric swap and challenge here on the QB. I received 1/3 yard of a fabric someone thought was ugly and I liked. I made this quilt top with the ugly fabric, scraps, and yardarge that I had from my stash. Several of the fabrics I added were hard to use in other quilts, so this top used up a bunch that might not have been used otherwise. Unless you participated in the ugly fabric swap you would have a hard time guessing which was the "ugly fabric."
I like how it turned out and hope you enjoy looking at it too. The pattern was in arecent quilting magazine but I changed the color scheme a bit and didn't construct it the same way since I made it based off the "coming soon" picture before the actually pattern was printed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353183[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353184[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 137resized.jpg   138resized.jpg  
Old 08-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Swap Hosts

What a fun quilt! Which was the ugly fabric?
Old 08-02-2012, 12:14 PM

I hope looking at all your great scrappy quilts will encourage me to start on one. Got plenty of scraps. GrammyD I love the quilt with the hearts. pat
Old 08-02-2012, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
What a fun quilt! Which was the ugly fabric?
The "ugly" fabric is the denim colored plaid with red polka dots. I used all but a narrow strip of it in the quilt. I am always amazed at the differing opinions of pretty and ugly.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
The "ugly" fabric is the denim colored plaid with red polka dots. I used all but a narrow strip of it in the quilt. I am always amazed at the differing opinions of pretty and ugly.
I guessed the yellow zebra striped fabric was the ugly one but I do admire the diversity and uniqueness of some of the fabrics used in this quilt. I think I would have been more challenged by the fabric I named vs. the one you were given.
Chris
Old 08-02-2012, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
I guessed the yellow zebra striped fabric was the ugly one but I do admire the diversity and uniqueness of some of the fabrics used in this quilt. I think I would have been more challenged by the fabric I named vs. the one you were given.
Chris
Yep, the zebra stripes were far worse, so was the cheddar fabric with chicken footprints, and the mustard with blue gears. Even the tire fabric could have been hard to use. And I'm guilty of buying all of those. The one i dislike the most is only represent in small pieces....a greyish mustard with white flowers. There is also a lot of a blue fabric with flowers that I don't like but seemed to match everything. So, I got rid of a lot of weird fabrics with this quilt. The crazy thing is that I still like it.