Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 177 of 230 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 176 177 178 187 227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2293

Thread: Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :)

Fraew, your star is a wonderful example of how beautiful a scrappy quilt can be. How did you get the effect of all the half-square triangles that form your diagonal line? Did you actually make half-square triangles or ... ??? The light area of each big triangle looks like a solid piece of fabric but that could be deceiving.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ladynredd View Post
    Fraew, your star is a wonderful example of how beautiful a scrappy quilt can be. How did you get the effect of all the half-square triangles that form your diagonal line? Did you actually make half-square triangles or ... ??? The light area of each big triangle looks like a solid piece of fabric but that could be deceiving.
    Thank you. I cut half square triangles for the diagonal and the light areas are a solid piece. I would love to have made the light areas scrappy but didn't have enough lights...maybe the next one.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

This thread obviously touched a lot of us, I don't think I have seen one that had so many pages. What a lot of inspiration here. I knew I was saving those scraps for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
    Thank you. I cut half square triangles for the diagonal and the light areas are a solid piece. I would love to have made the light areas scrappy but didn't have enough lights...maybe the next one.
    What a beautiful scrappy!!! I would love to make one like it...is there a pattern? If not, can you tell me what size scrappy squares, what size block, & what size triangles? I would like to make one of these for one of my donation quilts...it's so totally different...think it would be much loved! And what size did it turn out to be? Thanks, if you can help.

lovely - just love the last star one......someday !

Blog Entries
    WOW all of these are so GREAT. i can not wait until i have some scraps to make a quilt like these. i am very new to quilting. i love the inspiration of everyones quilts thank you all for posting.

Wow. Beautiful quilts, what a talented group you are. Now I'm going back to mine to finish it, no matter what colors end up together. LOL

I just finished this controlled color scrappy as a comfort quilt for my friend. The peaches and teals are scrappy. I controlled the purple and burgandy fabrics but they are scraps from my stash too. I designed the pattern myself and call it Focus Point because of the fussy cut, on point blocks.Name:  Focus On Carol quilt all done.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  285.6 KB
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Good use of your scraps wildyard!
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Linda, You always come up with the neatest original quilts! Lucky friend!
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Page 177 of 230 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 176 177 178 187 227 ... LastLast