Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 196 of 234 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 195 196 197 206 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2339

Thread: Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :)

Nice scrappy quilts. Love the heart one.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltinghere View Post
    Your stash of 'scraps' will grow before you know it. I like the idea of shopping the clearance rows.

A lot of these scrap quilts look like their made with only a few different fabrics...whether in the same color group or different color group. You could start there with one color group and shop for 5 different fabrics.
    A lot of my scraps came from other people. I like to purchase bags of scraps; usually they're more like chunks of fabric that the quilters are weeding out of their stash.To me , it's like my candy. Just a small bite and I'm very happy.

Love Scraps

Ok - I'll have to add mine! Have LOTS of scraps and have been making baby windmills. One is for m=new grandson expected on July 4th, the other is an oversized lap quilt I named "Chocolate Cherry Cordial". Both pieced tops made from scraps and backs from my stash! Could only attach 2 photos. Will attempt 3rd in a second. It's the front of Chocolate Cherry Cordial.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Ok - couldn't get the other photo to upload. Sorry! I have two more scrappy quilts on my design board - happily coexisting in all their wild splendidness. Will post when done - it'll be awhile.

P.S. - those were my first ever hourglass blocks (as if you couldn't tell!).

Blog Entries
    GayleM.....I love your windmills!! Must try that with some of my strips.

Blog Entries
    I love this thread as scrappies are a favorite.
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

Blog Entries
    I haven't made many scrappy quilts. I need to make more. I do make a lot of my quilts out of the remains of cut up FQ but it is all color selected so I don't really call them scrappy.
    The first quilt is a mystery train ride on here. I had a hard time making it truely scrappy as I kept wanting to match colors. I just threw the pieces in a pile and picked one out to sew together. I was sure it was going to be ugly. I love how it came out. Donated it to the school carnival. Raised several hundred dollars. The other needs to be quilted and will be donated somewhere. Not my colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Scrappy using batiks & blenders. BOM on Persimmons Quilts website from a couple years ago. Light blender from stash to bring it all together. Another UFO finished...YEA! BOM's make great scrappies!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have just spent most of the day going through the currently 196 pages of this thread and it's been both a fascinating and humbling experience for this late age beginner. Thank you to all who have posted pics of their wonderful quilts.

Now the hard part ... I have to explain to the family why no laundry, cleaning, shopping, cooking etc. has been today. At least my three dogs are happy: they've got to sleep all day and there's plenty of food for them in the fridge.
    ~: Ron :~

"You cut up fabric then sew it back together again? Really?"

Page 196 of 234 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 195 196 197 206 ... LastLast