This was my first scrappy quilt and I don't do scrappy well! Started out by cutting the squares and throwing them in a bag to grab randomly. I just couldn't do it. I ended up sorting and piling neatly with 32 per square. I did sew them randomly. finally got all the blocks complete but really struggled with the sashing. I struggled on only to miss a final sash on the corner which caused me to cut the seting corner wrong. Of course, no extra fabric! At that point I set it aside (kind of threw it) for about 2 weeks. I finally buckled down and made the required repairs. It is certainly not perfect but I still think it's a pretty pattern. This is actually a queen size but I have it laid out on a twin bed.