Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: scrappy top

Barny, I hope you looked back at him like he was nuts!

After 5 years of treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis, my pain was getting worse and worse. Made an appt. with the Rheumatologist, asked him to take a look at my hands, and that I didn't think I had RA. My hands should have shown some signs of deformity after 5 years of pain in shoulder, arms, wrists, etc (and everywhere else), but there was no deformity at all. His response?

"I don't understand what you're complaining about. MY RA pain is worse than yours!"

I was dumbfounded. (That doesn't happen often!) Told him I was going to get a second opinion, and he got angry. I got the second opinion, found out that I have fibro and a mixed connective tissue disorder, changed ONE medicine and felt like a new person within a week of starting it. I did go back to his practice, but saw his partner who was, and still is, wonderful. Now I see his partner, who is also wonderful.

I am so glad that I got that second opinion! In many ways, that opinion saved my life.

Blog Entries
    Oh, yum! That's an awesome quilt, especially when you're not feeling 100%!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Glad you are feeling better ! Love your quilt.

Nothing like a beautiful quilt to help us feel better. Thanks for sharing and glad you are feeling better.
    Linda

I love what you did with your scraps. I also have fibromyalgia, so I know how it goes. I don't get to sew much and when I do, I have a flare up.

Blog Entries
    Nicely done.. Love scrappy quilt tops.. and this scrappy top is beautiful.... my prob fibro can't set there very long to sew.. plus my feed dogs.. died

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10