Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrappy - Why is it that...

I make a scrappy quilt, but cannot just grab any color. It has to go with the rest, I have to "make sure" the colors are in the right place. It's an OCD thing I'm sure, perfectionist problem definitely. Anyone else have this problem?? The pictures don't really capture the colors, I think it's the lighting in my sewing room.

Up close
    Name:  Attachment-41043.jpe
Views: 38
Size:  67.0 KB

"organized" scraps
    Name:  Attachment-41076.jpe
Views: 39
Size:  63.4 KB

So far today
    Name:  Attachment-54539.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  76.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by suzic46
    Anyone else have this problem??
    Yeah, that's why I like the layer cake, jelly roll, charm, etc., collections so much - someone has already determined what looks right together for me.

BTW, love your selections!

Love the beautiful vibrant colors on the dark background. And, you're not alone - I can't just "grab" a piece either. I grab it, then agonize over it, and usually dig around and grab a different one. I wish I could let go and not worry about it so much, but I am who I am.

And I probably will change the placement of the blocks several more times as I get added material. lol.

Blog Entries
    Oh gosh that's beautiful!! And you're not alone in the scrappy issue. Everything I do that looks random is oh so very planned. I'm doing a scrappy watercolor log cabin now--and every strip is chosen carefully. My husband's scrappy CW quilt was very very carefully done.

An artist friend of mine said random color is the hardest kind--getting it to look just so. Don't we know it! :roll:

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am the same way. My friend and I each made a quilt from our combined stash. It is scrappy & she instructed me not to match, to just grab. Weeellllll, I did okay on some of the blocks but on others I just COULD NOT do it!!! :lol: :lol:

Banned
    OMG!!

i can't even do scrappy because of it and i don't like those style of quilts because of it.

Very pretty... i end up matching mine also.

I have been tempted in making a brown bag quilt. What ever you pull out of the bag must be sewed next. Just not sure if i can make my self do it.

Same way here too, I love the look of scrappy but I analyze it and that takes away from the fun.

This one is gorgeous! Is that a black background with batiks? Beautiful!

It is a black background - some of the colors are batik, some are not, all from my stash tho.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast