Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Second thoughts!

I'm not sure about this sky background....I think that it looks too busy. I have a piece of pale plain blue that would work too. What do you think too much?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Pam
    The sky is too busy. The slope of the ground is very nice and gentle. You may want to try using a plain blue and adding clouds. That is what I did with this one. Pm me if you want to know what I did.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-42323-1.htm

I think that a more subtle blue would probably be better for the sky, the fabric in your picture would be greatfor an ocean though... and I think that it looks great in the blocks so maybe it can still be incorporated in some way?

I agree - too much for the sky but great in the blocks. I fear if you sue it, it will distract from the rest.

Great piece of fabric but I agree too busy for the sky. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Blog Entries
    Softer blue I think , so as not to pull your eyes from the focus of the signature blocks :wink:

well I am stuck then. The only solid piece of blue I have is very light blue that I don't think looks any better. So I guess I quit for the day and do housework and hope I can squeeze enough from the budget to buy another yard this weekend. Oh well that's how stash is built right?

Pam
    That is right, now you will have some interesting sky fabric for the next wonky house block swap! Happy shopping.

I bought a yard of a very soft blue with clouds that were soft and shaded.. one time I took a soft blue and poured deluted bleach on it to give it some visual texture.. worked great for a sky

96% of the sky patterns I have seen are way to dark. Usually you want the sky as background not in your face kind of.
    I like the idea of a very pale blue and then add some clouds and a bird or two.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast