Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sewing class projects

For several Mondays in July and August, my BFF and two of her daughters have been coming over to my studio for sewing classes. I created a lesson plan for the first couple weeks, then we continued based on their interests. The first things they made were bags, one very successful, one not so much. Then we learned how to sew on buttons, and do mending of clothes. They each chose a project and today have finished them.

Hannah (15 y/o) made a wrap around skirt and Abbey (18 y/o) is making polar fleece stuffed elephants for the 7 children for whom she cared while in HS. Abbey will be a freshman in college this fall, and for a gift I am giving her a used sewing machine and notions to take with her. She is so excited! Mom is getting her a sewing basket and good quality shears. Here are some pics we took today. I think they did a good job for beginners! And we had a lot of fun and laughs in the process! And brownies!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Happily buried in a heap of fabric in Indiana!
    very nice cute elephant!

Great to see youth interested in sewing. Glad you were able to share with them and cultivate their interests.

Blog Entries
    It's wonderful you were instrumental in fostering two 'new' sewers to the sewing community.

You are a good teacher! They made some neat stuff!

Blog Entries
    that is so cool for you to offer sewing classes, they did a great job

What pretty girls. Their projects are great.

Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    What pretty girls. Their projects are great.
    They are pretty girls, the two youngest of four pretty sisters. And such a nice family. Mom is a dear friend, one of my "chosen sisters" since I never had any the usual way. Oldest sister is 23 and married for a year, next will be a senior in college this fall. I have know them all for over 15 yrs. and enjoyed watching grow into fine young women. I would take any of them to keep, but Abbey is especially dear to my heart!

Banned
    Love it! Did you make the skirt pattern up or buy it? I have a new 13 yo (wow I now have 2 teenagers. My heart just skipped a beat!) who would love to make it. Thank you for sharing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lilpoohbearie
    Love it! Did you make the skirt pattern up or buy it? I have a new 13 yo (wow I now have 2 teenagers. My heart just skipped a beat!) who would love to make it. Thank you for sharing!!!!
    Slow deep breaths....you'll be okay! I maintain it is a cruel joke for women to have teen age children and go through menopause at the same time. Bad, bad timing!!!

It is a pattern from a book which belongs to their mom. I will get the name and author and send you a pm. Can't remember right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast