Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sewing room or NOT >

Sewing room or NOT

Sewing room or NOT

Old 09-06-2010, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
I was just thinking that same thing, seems like a week or so ago...however mine is 26 now. Not sure how that happened so fast, and each year seems to be quicker than the last. It took me quite awhile to realize that God only lent her to us until she was ready for the world. I am so happy that I took every opportunity to enjoy things with her. Sure, I still am "mom" but now it's completely on her terms and times! Makes having that sewing room a blessing now, something to do besides missing her little face running around here! So, hang onto that space, you'll be needing it soon enough! (:
I'm glad you posted this. My oldest son is in his second year of college. He moved out the first year, and came back this summer(with a girlfriend, so I got 2 for 1!). I was so happy. It was the weirdest thing having him gone.

I know that its just temporary, and in a year or so , he'll be gone for good. I'd love to keep them forever, LOL! But, you are right, I'm going to have to incorporate your quote into an embroidery piece:

God only lent her to us until she was ready for the world
Old 09-06-2010, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by sew_lulu
I'm finally at a place where's possible for me to get my own sewing room, but I'm just not that into it.

all my stuff is there but I rather sew in the dinning room while my child is playing around in the living room.

Can you believe that I rather drag my sewing stuff down the stairs than sew in this?
OH yes I understand! I to want to be with my family while sewing. I could move in DD's old room & make it a sewing room but then I won't be with everybody. Besides youngest DS is 17 & wont be home very long any way & i want every minuet I can get with him that I can get.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:18 PM

nice room----waiting for you :)
Old 02-24-2011, 04:24 AM

I feel the same way! Thanks for your posting!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:22 AM

Your completely normal....lol....I could be using my huge basement studio right now but I choose to be using my small but cozy den that has a huge window and is next to the dining room...I love being near the kids.