Welcome to the Quilting Board!
Will do! I'll take some pics and come back with them.Originally Posted by MTS
Maybe today's pics will give you a better look of the true colour. I've searched my computer files and the "good" pic of the virgin fabric seems to have gone AWOL!
That is so weird. I could swear I saw two pics of the lace in-progress, and then they went poof.
I will await your posting. :mrgreen:
You did! ..... I had them up for a bit to see if they showed the colour better. Although they really weren't in progress, as I had it pinned on for a look at what it might be ... and changed the plan! :) Have the new pics now ... and will soon be posting.Originally Posted by MTS
This is beautiful - so soft, gentle and elegant. Looking forward to seeing the lace up close too... :-D
that is fabulous!! magnificient!!
I've added the extra pictures. SO SORRY that there are now so many .... I put up a bunch with the intent of deleting some out after I checked what might be best. In the meantime the edit time limit expired and now they are locked!!
I don't think the corner shots have helped you much to see what I did. I'll try to describe it .... LAQ completed, and when it came back to me I left excess backing and batting as I trimmed. Once I measured and was "sure" (and believe you me, I was measuring and triple measuring to make sure I had it was right), then I trimmed the batting to the width of the lace, and left the backing double the width plus the seam allowance.
Sewed the lace on next to the outside edge of the backing with scant 1/4". On top of that sewed the flange (folded 1" piece) at 1/4". Then folded the edge inwards so that the flange flipped away from the lace to lay on top of the quilt. Then started pinning in place.
Because the backing is one piece and not two pieces meeting for the mitre, the corners were awkward. I kind of poufed them up, cut out excess, and then started folding and fiddling til I had the mitre somewhat where I was happy, and pinned in place. Then did my first stitching all the way around on the lace edge next to the flange, and a single machine line down the mitre to hold. Then finally I stitched all around the lace scallops to hold in place, and to quilt the batting, backing and lace all together.
No technique ... just my own fiddling to do it! :)