A while back ... actually a "great" while back ... a fellow employee asked if I would make him a quilt out of his favorite silk shirts he no longer could wear because he lot a great amount of weight. I have finally started on the project and did the first block. He gave me 13-15 shirts and I finally got them all cut apart (in between all of my other projects!). I've got quite a lot of strips cut from each shirts (fun finding the straight grain!) and have sewn the center focal pieces to 8 more foundation blocks. Now I'm ready to start my assembly line and get sewing the strips. I thinks he's going to like this quilt once I'm finished. Hope you all like this block as much as I do ... I'm really pleased!