Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A simple quilt I'm progress for six months and I don't know what to do with it...

Exclamation A simple quilt I'm progress for six months and I don't know what to do with it...

I had a beautiful pansy FQ in my stash and another one yard of a different pansy print, I matched a few more FQs from my stash and designed this quilt to use these fabrics up. I also wanted to practice HST and flying geese in the process so I came up with this. I wasn't too fond of the quilt top, but thought I'll proceed to quilt it anyway. Well, that was back in May, I quilted and absolutely hated the quilting I did, I stared at it for a couple of days and then decided to rip the quilting and redo..to this date I don't know why since I have no plans for the quilt. So I spent the last six months ripping this quilt, five minutes here, and ten minutes there ( a very BORING process,lol) and I finally finished ripping the quilting. So last week, I decided I wanted to practice swirl quilting on it (hubby suggested that since this one is already a redo maybe I should do some quilting that I am comfortable with, so I won't be tempted to rip again, lol) but in my head I thought I am just going to roll with it and just accept whatever it ends up being. And so I did, I am fine with the way it turned out, even though it is not all correct, it is better than the first quilting, so with that outcome I am pleased. And ever supportive hubby declared the quilting my best yet isn't he nice? So I bound the quilt and it is ready for use, except I don't know what to do with it, lol. It is 47" square, what do you think? Does it make a good baby quilt?

A close up of the quilting:
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Sure, it's fine for a baby quilt! It's adorable. Or, you could donate it to a women's shelter...or any organization that gives comfort to kids...hospital, church, police, etc. Your quilting is great!
    Brenda

It would make a cute table topper. Baby Quilt, right size for that and it's really cute. Lap quilt for watching tv. Send it to my house I'll use it if you can't find a use !!
    Sue Daurio

suedaurio.blogspot.com

nice colors and great job of quilting, I envyyou. It will make whoever gets it smile.
    learn each and every day,memories or play.

Quote Originally Posted by s.daurio View Post
    It would make a cute table topper. Baby Quilt, right size for that and it's really cute. Lap quilt for watching tv. Send it to my house I'll use it if you can't find a use !!
    Ah table topper, haven't thought of this one
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Blog Entries
    you did a nice job. i'm sure you'll find a use for it
    Nancy in western NY

A table topper was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it, too. Love the colors.
    Bambi

It's pretty. maybe a table topper or even a wall hanging.

Blog Entries
    It is perfect for a baby, he/she will love the bright colors. Good job!
    “The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.” Sam Levenson

Stick it in your stash and the next time you need to "send flowers" give them this quilt instead. I do this a great deal and the quilts always seem to be appreciated.
    God Bless,
    Rachel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast