Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Singer 319 in need of TLC

Blog Entries
    wow, wow, will be great when you get the machine all cleaned up

Did you get an owner manual? That would help a lot. Check "SINGER" on line and see if you can get one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 2011
    Did you get an owner manual? That would help a lot. Check "SINGER" on line and see if you can get one.
    Yes I found one at Ismacs and I printed it on both sides. Stood there for an hour printing out over 100 pages. I found a service manual too but I haven't printed it out yet. http://parts.singerco.com/IPsvcManuals/306W25.pdf
    It is for Singer Swing needle includes several machines.

The nice thing about printing out a manual is you can photo copy and make all the notes you want on a project, then fix up your notes so you can read them later.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Very NICE! You did an excellent job cleaning. You should put this in a treadle.
    I might have to if DH doesn't have time to do the wiring. I just have to have a frame/table - I have an empty treadle base. I guess I could just hold a flash light up while I treadle away. Did you notice the belt on the inside??? It had a motor and a belt outside then the other belt inside. Very curious machine. The wonders of how zig zag evolved...
    Yes, I did notice that belt. Looks in good shape and will last a long time.

Blog Entries
    I might have to if DH doesn't have time to do the wiring. I just have to have a frame/table - I have an empty treadle base. I guess I could just hold a flash light up while I treadle away. Did you notice the belt on the inside??? It had a motor and a belt outside then the other belt inside. Very curious machine. The wonders of how zig zag evolved...
    The internal belt is in good shape so I was very careful not to get any Dawn or kerosene on it. I hope I NEVER have to do anything with that belt. ;-)

The internal belt is in good shape so I was very careful not to get any Dawn or kerosene on it. I hope I NEVER have to do anything with that belt. ;-)
    I've had to get that belt back on and it's a b*tch!

Thanks for the great before, during, and after pictures Miriam. They really tell a story of what a machine can look like when someone who cares gets a hold of it.

This is great--I really like seeing the whole process. The difference between the underside before and after really shows the work you are putting in to it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett
    This is great--I really like seeing the whole process. The difference between the underside before and after really shows the work you are putting in to it.
    Most old machine under sides are black so you can't really tell the difference.

Blog Entries
    hehehe well , I've got to admit, my first thought was after taking it apart , the car wash was the next visit. You've done wonders. I'm sure she'll be just fine cause her momma is a stickler for gettin things done. hehehe Yall do realize that this was kiddin from Arkansas???

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast