I have now made two Mini Bow Tuck purses, and this is the latest one. I was surprised at the size of the first one that I made when I followed the normal pattern (not that it was huge, but not what I was thinking since it was a 'mini'), so I changed it a bit with this second one.
First, I made the overall size of the purse 1" smaller in height and width. Secondly, I put the pocket on the back instead of the front, and third I put the loop on the front and the button en-closer on the back. I also didn't use the side ties, either, since it was smaller and had 'less bulk'.
By the way, as usual I made this on my old Davis VF treadle, and fm quilted it on my Singer 31-15 treadle. I have to say, it really wasn't a difficult project. I consider myself a quilter and not sewer, and I made it without many problems.