Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowman quilt top

Snowman quilt top

I just finished this top today. It's a large lap quilt or maybe a twin size blanket type of quilt. I've laid it on my queen sized bed to take a picture. I hope to start quilting it next week. I'm thinking of stippling in the black areas, on the red just putting in straight lines to make vertical rows and in the little squares a panto of circles. I'm not going to quilt on the snowmen. I want them to puff up a little bit. The backing & the binding will be in the red fabric. I'm thinking of quilting it with black thread or should I use another color...what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    Very cute!

Very, very cute snowmen!! I'm not sure I would use black thread on the squares. I'm not one to emphasize the quilting lines with a color that stands out a lot. Maybe red? And use black on the black fabric around the snowmen? Of course, that is just my thoughts and there's never only one way to choose. It will be a lovely finished quilt.
    jillnjo

That is so cute and I'm looking forward to seeing it after you quilt. Also, I think black thread would be great.

This is so adorable! I think it will be cute no matter how you quilt it.
    God, Wonderful Family, Great Health, Awesome Friends, Quilting & Chocolates - - What more could a girl be blessed with!!

Blog Entries
    It is darling! Love it!
    Helen T.

Blog Entries
    This is just a precious, fun, whimsical quilt. It will be lovely on your bed. I would quilt in red. What a wonderful quilt and you have done a tremendous job. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

Smoky Lake, Alberta, Canada - Coolidge, AZ
    Really like your snowman quilt.

Great snowman quilt!!

Really cute snowmen quilt!! Think I'd quilt with red in the squares. Black around the snowmen!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast