Here is a quilt that was inspired by my son's service with his combat engineer unit. It was also the 2nd place winning design in last year's Barn Quilt Design contest for AccuQuilt. Now he's safe at home after a year of "Route Clearance" missions - clearing roads, sweeping for mines (talk about Momma trauma) and I've finally finished the quilt for him.
I've made this up in different sizes: an 8" pot holder (1" finished blocks), a 22" table topper with borders (2" blocks), and this one is 60 x 60" and is made with 6" blocks. All of the half-square triangles were cut with AccuQuilt dies on a Go! Cutter, including the 6-1/2" die. My next goal is to make a bed size quilt, but I will need 9" blocks for that one. I am working on making another lap size for myself.