Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Some of my "Ladies In Waiting" >

Some of my "Ladies In Waiting"

Some of my "Ladies In Waiting"

Old 03-20-2010, 02:52 PM

How great, that quilting has been enjoyed for 3 generations. When I was ready for a hobby of my own (at age 50!), all my cousins and sister kept trying different interests, none of them staying with one long enough to let me learn it. And none of them ever quilted which is what I've always wanted to do. So here I am all alone but it turned out that since I've stayed with it so happily, I'm famous as the family's quilter and they all want gifts made by me. Still... it would be nice to be able to go over to one of their houses to quilt together.

You were clever to do the Dorothy quilt in sepia tones sort of like the beginning of the movie.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:05 PM

You're a very lucky lady. The quilts are wonderful.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:16 PM

Oh my goodness! How wonderful it must be to have your grandmother and mother's work there for you to see everyday. And what amazing works they are!!!

Love your Wizard of Oz too!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Banned

that is really neat. beautiful. thank you for sharing. Penny
Old 03-20-2010, 10:50 PM

I think I love them all. You're so lucky.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
Love them all. How nice to come from a family of quilters. I'm trying to get all my amily into it. So far my mother has done one and my sister is working on her second one and even my DH just finished his first 2 tops. He is having a blast. He doesn't mind my blocks laying everywhere cause now his is too.
There were 6 of us kids growing up on the farm. Sometimes in the winter we'd be snowed in for a week or so. We used that time to make quilt tops. Even the boys had two quilt tops apiece that they'd made. Mom finished them up when they got married. The boys and my oldest sister no longer quilt, momma and grandma are gone now but the twins and I still quilt all the time. I can't wait for my daughter to get more interested but I don't want to push it on her. She love fabric and making things so she'll come around soon. Today is her 11th birthday.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:53 AM

Thank all of you so much for your kind and encouraging comments. The Oz quilt was printed in the sepia tones and was meant to be the "before" quilt. This edition of Oz fabrics was called Under The Rainbow. I have some of the later fabrics that are more colorful and I'm trying to design sort of a Snail Trail pattern that would incorporate the Yellow Brick Road (the one in the movie, not the quilt pattern) I'll figure it out one of these days, make it and post it.
Once again, thank you all. It's uplifting to know that others like my quilts as much as I do. I love looking at your's too. It's inspirational.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:15 AM

The quilts are beautiful. Thank you for sharing the Bull Duram story. I've never heard of that before. Wouldn't it be great if stuff still came in the fabric bags?
Jo
Old 03-21-2010, 10:28 AM

Wow, Wow Wow... loveing them all! I haven't started my Oz quilt yet. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet since I have pieces from different lines.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:31 PM

Very Nice. I have some of the Wizard of Oz fabrics but have not done anything yet. Just cant seem to know how I want to put it together. Any suggestions?