Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Of My Finished Quilts

The first quilt I ever made

Other quilts I've finished

Thanks for looking!

Blog Entries
    You've tried a little of lots of stuff!! They are so pretty! The 4th one looks especially cozy. :D

They look GREAT!!! Looks like you keep pretty busy!

Loretta, usually I do it all on my machine. Nothing fancy though. Usually just stitch in the ditch or corner to corner. In the last picture I did the quilting. It was the first time I had done something intricate. It went pretty well, but the back of the quilt showed all the boo-boos. I have taken only one quilt in to be quilted. Unfortunately, it just gets too expensive to do it that way.

very nice, love them all but especially fascinated by the blue, green and orange one. i would love to have a closer look at that one. what is the pattern called?

you do very nice work. thanks for sharing. keep the pics coming. :!: :D :!: :D

Thanks everyone for your nice comments! Nanabird- I'd love to see that quilt up close again too. It was really fun to put together. The curves were a little difficult, but really I got pretty good at it. Buying the fabric was fun too. :mrgreen:

I know what you mean about the expense of sending away to be quilted, not to mention the time frame involved. After waiting 3 unpatient months to get one of mine back, I invested in a hobby quilter. It is just a 17" longarm, but I love it. Originally I bought the frame to use my home sewing machine with, but decided to go all the way. I was on the list for the Voyager 17 when they first were coming out, but I never got contacted about it so I checked locally for a distributer and found one about 2 hours away.

Since I have gotten it, I have done numerous quilts. Not all mine, but for my daughter and family. We had a get together once a week and everyone make their quilt tops. I just love my longarm and hopefully one day I can invest in the bigger models.

Barb

very nice! your first quilt looks like the double irish chain? and i love the last one! i'm trying to find the blocks in it.

very nice!

Melissa,
    Great patterns. Beautiful colors.
    Wonderful quilts! Thanks for sharing.

They are gorgoues... You do beautiful work..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast