Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Some of my first quilt tops

Beautiful quilts. I am amazed. Thanks for sharing.

You have made some beautiful bed quilts. I've only made 3 for beds so far, all my other projects have been smaller.

I've been a nurse for 40years and guess what... a sexual assault nurse examiner for my last 10! I wonder if we ever met at one of the big Forensic Nurse Assoc Scientific Assemblies!

My hubby says he'll teach me how to post photos here. We will start with the wallhanging I made for our county's SART exam room so our patients can have something of beauty to look at during the exam.

Other than some pending trials to testify at, I am done with that job. I had to stop all nursing due to my own medical conditions, but anyway, I would not have continued since our adult and pediatric teams were cut back to one much smaller (from 9 to 4 examiners) and the nurse on call would be responsible for victims of any age. I commend you for working with the children... I never wanted to do that.

Cathy

Beautiful quilts!!

You are a hero. I so wish they would be much more harsh with molesters.
    Your quilt is wonderful and I agree that you can lose yourself in the process of quilting.

To Quiltswithdogs==Your name represents my biggest loves, of course, besides my husband!! I am so happy that you can lose yourself in your quilting. I have been an RN for 32 years and I'm sorry to say that some of the joy of the profession has been diluted by downsizing and corporate hospitals and entities shrinking nursing time down to assembly-line-like processes. I believe that spending quality time is seen as non-productive and a drain on the budget. Anyway, I have been downsized from full-time to half-time to no hours to be replaced by someone who has ZERO experience in my specialty. BUT, I got to be an RN when it was still so much fun and absolute joy, where you had time to know and love and care for your patients--and that is priceless!! Enjoy your passion and hope that your medical condition stays at bay or even improves!!!

Blog Entries
    nice

l like you soft green one best

Beautiful quilts made by a beautiful person who has a very tough job..God Bless YOU

God Bless you, you are one strong woman. I think I would end up in jail with that job, I can't even stand to think about someone hurting kids like that. Nice quilts!

Keep up the good work. Quilting can become obsessive (ask me how I know) and it does take you to a peaceful place. There are some sights and stories that are best forgotten after the "need to know" is over.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3