Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Some of my first quilt tops >

Some of my first quilt tops

Some of my first quilt tops

Old 01-13-2008, 12:47 PM

Pictures of some of my first completed quilt tops and one completed quilt. I am still working on my very first quilt - which is a king size made of 6" blocks that I embroideried with my embroidery machine - I'll post a picture of that next time I take it out. I'm still struggling with squaring up and doing borders and binding ~ but I'm having lots of fun!!! I do forensic interviews of kids who have been sexually or physically abused and this is my way of clearing my head of some pretty horrific images somedays. I tried knitting but I didn't need to concentrate so my mind would still conjure up the images - when I quilt I have to concentrate.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-53097.jpe   attachment-54055.jpe   attachment-54393.jpe  
Old 01-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Administrator

your quilts are beautiful. amazing that you can create such wonder amidst the horrors you deal with every day.

thank you for being who you are and for doing what you do. you are a hero. :P
Old 01-13-2008, 01:17 PM

These are all beautiful!
Old 01-13-2008, 01:29 PM

I love your floral fabrics...............they are so peaceful great job. Thank you for the job you do and bless the little ones.......I know one , :-) and someone like you helped
Old 01-13-2008, 02:40 PM

I like them... They are all pretty..
Old 01-13-2008, 02:55 PM

Love all the pink and green. They are beautiful.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:48 PM

Very Pretty,And lots of Kudos for your choosen career. I would either be sitting in tears, or committ serious harm to somebody.I personally can't stand any harm to a child. When I hear about some of the horrific things that come across the news, I actually get physically sick to my stomach. There are NO excuses. NO exceptions. I deal daily with Special need children, We had one little girl, whos brain was so damaged as a baby, from the result of the Baby Shaking Syndrome, that she was in a wheel chair. She was so pretty and soo sweet, I cried about that one. So go get them, put them away and please lose the key.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:17 PM

They are all so pretty! My favorite has to be the Sage Gossamer Petals quilt, though, if I HAD to choose one.

Like the others, THANK YOU for the job you do! It must be comforting to the children to have someone to talk to about the horrors who will believe them.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:37 PM

Your quilts are gorgeous! I love all of them! The colors are put together very nicely! I say, thank you too for the job you do!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 06:43 PM

I hear you ~ there are days that I struggle not to break out in tears and so many many days that I simply want to reach out and hold them close, especially the little ones but I am not allowed to touch or hold, or even show any emotion. What it teaches me every day, though is the true meaning of unconditional love because no matter what has been done to them ~ they still love their offender, usually a parent and want to go home. It makes it all the more special each time I spend time with my children and each time I hold one of my grandchildren. Of course I've gotten a little parnoid and I run a background check on anyone who might spend time with my grandkids! :-)