Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: "Somewhere in Time" ~ "I See Stripes" ~ "Primitive"

Blog Entries

"Somewhere in Time" ~ "I See Stripes" ~ "Primitive"

Thought I'd post pictures of three different quilts I just finished. The first one, "Somewhere in Time" was my first quilt made from 30's fabric ~ not my favorite fabric, but this pattern just spoke to me. The second one, "I See Stripes" was a pattern I found in a quilting book and the last one is a primitive I'm donating to a BBQ auction next weekend. The 30's quilt was difficult to take a picture of because it's so big. Hope you enjoy looking cuz' I certainly enjoyed making them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great job on everything! I lovecthe 30's one especially!
    Linda

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by vjohn1006 View Post
    Thought I'd post pictures of three different quilts I just finished. The first one, "Somewhere in Time" was my first quilt made from 30's fabric ~ not my favorite fabric, but this pattern just spoke to me. The second one, "I See Stripes" was a pattern I found in a quilting book and the last one is a primitive I'm donating to a BBQ auction next weekend. The 30's quilt was difficult to take a picture of because it's so big. Hope you enjoy looking cuz' I certainly enjoyed making them.

Your quilts are all lovely! Did you use a commercial pattern for the "Somewhere In Time" quilt? That pattern is talking to me and I would love to make one like it. I have a friend who adores 30's fabric -not my favorite either- but she would so enjoy a quilt made with them.
    Thanks,
    Shirley
    Pittsburgh, PA

Beautiful! I would love to make the 30's. Is it a pattern you can share? Or can it be purchased?
    Honeygram2

Blog Entries
    I absolutely love the first one. The others are very pretty too. But, I love that first one
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

You are so talented! I like all of them.
    I am too POSITIVE to be doubtful, too OPTIMISTIC to be fearful and way to DETERMINED to be defeated.

Power Poster
    Great quilts! I love them all and the variegated striped binding us perfect against the white on the second quilt.

Blog Entries
    They are all great, but I love the 30's quilt.
    Veronica

These are all so different, but all so nice! I can't help but to love the primitive. Although the others are equally as lovely.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

All 3 are wonderful. 30's are not my cup of tea either but that quilt is lovely! The pattern is so versatile it would look good in any combo from batiks to thimbleberries type fabs. Love the primitive too and the stripes is just too fun for words.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast