Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Southwest quilt finished and on bed

Southwest quilt finished and on bed

I FINALLY finished my Southwest quilt. I am including 3 pictures. The first is just the quilt itself. The second is from one side, so you can see the Southwest vases that I made this quilt to match. The third is from the other side, where it turns out the quilt perfectly matches my Planet Earth painting that a dear friend painted for me. (The third picture is a bit dark, but it does give it an artistic look. Not sure why it turned out dark....the light was on and the flash went off.)

Anyway, here the quilt is. I am very pleased with it. Thanks for all the help from those of you who encouraged me along the way. This is the first king sized quilt I have made, and probably the last.

Oh, the pattern is Navajo from a book called Tradition with a Twist by Blanch Young and Dalene Young Stone.

Dina
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Boy, you matched that vase perfectly. Beautiful job. Just love the colors.
    All my grand-children have paws.

You've made a lovely quilt. The colors are great. It really gives your room a Southwestern look. It's quite an accomplishment to make a king quilt. You should be very pleased with yourself.

Your photo might be dark because the camera was responding to the light coming in the window.

Quote Originally Posted by loisf View Post
    You've made a lovely quilt. The colors are great. It really gives your room a Southwestern look. It's quite an accomplishment to make a king quilt. You should be very pleased with yourself.

Your photo might be dark because the camera was responding to the light coming in the window.
    Yes, you are right. The light from the window caused it to be dark. I am relieved. I was afraid I did something to my camera!!

Dina

Blog Entries
    Super from all angles. Beautiful quilt. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Blog Entries
    It turned out beautifully, Dina. Did you quilt it on your regular sewing machine?
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

Another exceptional quilt you have made Dina !! You are turning them out faster than I can finish my UFOs and I have friends helping me too !!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Great finished quilt. Every thing looks as if it was a set of matched decorating items.

Very lovely, great job

Blog Entries
    Very beautiful quilt & looks lovely on your bed!!
    All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today.
    ―Pope Paul VI

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast