Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Squishy from Bluechicken >

Squishy from Bluechicken

Squishy from Bluechicken

Old 12-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

hi klue,
lovely fabrics and so sweet of Blue!
It's a wonderful thing that you do to honor your family and others.
I just can't understand why they lay so many ppl off right at Christmas time. Have they no heart?
Hoping and praying that things make a positive change soon.

topper, sorry about your sister.

I have wondered before, as one of my brothers went through chemo...what all it does to your body.
Some things changed permanently, but we still have him and he's fairly healthy, so thank goodness for that.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:13 PM

I too have wondered. My dd is a cancer survivor. She was 20 when she was diagnosed. One of the side affects of the treatment we were told about was that sometimes it causes heart damage and the it is possible for her develope life threatening heart problems.
They actually said that some patients just die suddenly without warning. Usually happens in their 30's. She is 28.
Truly scary.
Thanks Klue for doing such a wonderful thing. So sorry to hear about your dh's job. Hugs.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Power Poster

Hello Klue,
The fabrics Blue sent you are just gorgeous.

Klue, I wish you and your husband a happy and safe Christmas and New Year. Good things happen to good people.....your contributions will have been loved and appreciated by many, so hold on to that thought if you get a bit despondent. Love, light and peace from the land of Aus.x
Old 12-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Power Poster

Sorry to hear of DH's job lose, I hope good news of another job come soon. News sounds like more will lose jobs. I love the floral fabrics and the ladies are very cute.

Merry Christmas !!! :D :D :D
Old 12-23-2009, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Klue: what beautiful fabric BlueChicken sent you and what a great thing you're doing. They say what goes around comes around so only good things can come your way.

I understand about the job loss situation. It was a year in Nov that my DH lost his. He saw an opportunity and started his own business--but then they took away his unemployment compensation because he's "self-employed" even though there was a period of no income. Oh well, sorry to be long-winded but now his business is doing well and I'm sure with your DH's talents he'll find something even better than he had. (I just can't get used to him home 24/7--he used to spend 6-8 mos a year in China!!)
Good luck-know that all the people on this QB are pulling for you guys.
Peace-Jan
JanRN, I can relate. DH's truck driving job was cut to 3 days per week, then now he was laid off with only a half day going to service the fleet. In this rainy weather we've been having, it has literally been 24/7. He has been feeling pretty bad just not being able to "go to work." I told him to look at the bright side. Since 1956, all we've wanted to do was be together all the time. But work responsibilities, children, and all that comes with both parents working made it difficult to be together. Now, at last, we're together in an empty nest.

:lol: :lol:
Old 12-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by janRN
Klue: what beautiful fabric BlueChicken sent you and what a great thing you're doing. They say what goes around comes around so only good things can come your way.

I understand about the job loss situation. It was a year in Nov that my DH lost his. He saw an opportunity and started his own business--but then they took away his unemployment compensation because he's "self-employed" even though there was a period of no income. Oh well, sorry to be long-winded but now his business is doing well and I'm sure with your DH's talents he'll find something even better than he had. (I just can't get used to him home 24/7--he used to spend 6-8 mos a year in China!!)
Good luck-know that all the people on this QB are pulling for you guys.
Peace-Jan
JanRN, I can relate. DH's truck driving job was cut to 3 days per week, then now he was laid off with only a half day going to service the fleet. In this rainy weather we've been having, it has literally been 24/7. He has been feeling pretty bad just not being able to "go to work." I told him to look at the bright side. Since 1956, all we've wanted to do was be together all the time. But work responsibilities, children, and all that comes with both parents working made it difficult to be together. Now, at last, we're together in an empty nest.

:lol: :lol:
amen to that - enjoy these moments because as i tell my DH before you know it you'll have another job that you hate getting out of bed for.