Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
SS's Costume for school >

SS's Costume for school

SS's Costume for school

Old 05-21-2008, 11:33 PM

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread, we have been busy all weel preparing for my SS's custody court date, which is today. Before he went to bed last night I had him come here and read all the comments and he is so proud of them all. He is looking forward to helping with the next quilt, which we will start this weekend. The next one is going to be the John Deere quilt. I have to get this baby quilt on the frame and finish it up in the next few hours before we go to court because it needs to get out in the mail, I will post pictures of that one when it is done. We have not had much rest here this week so not a lot got done. Our phones were ringing till all hours of the AM and we were forced to get call blocker and press charges, and because he was upset no one here really got rest, so all week we have been like zombie's.

The good news though is we finished up with finals yesterday and he aced them all and will advance to the 9th grade! Were so excited and in leau of his passing on the high school we will be painting his room and decorating it to match his John Deere quilt. That is really making him happy that he gets to not only help with the quilt but gets his entire room decorated to match it.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

Congratulations Brandon for passing your finals, wow, high school, woooo hooooo :D :D :D I can't wait to see your John Deere quilt! :D :D :D
Old 05-22-2008, 02:46 PM

Way to go Brandon! You worked hard on that costume & earned every point :!: :!: And now you get a John Deere bedroom! Just how awesome is that :D :D :D We're all proud of you!
Old 05-22-2008, 04:30 PM

He is really excited about getting his new room. We went to court today and won FULL custody of him but he see's his mom every other weekend supervised, this weekend will be his first one. So he has instructed me how to lay out his quilt and I will work on it while he is with his mom. I am hoping to find the time to paint his room while he is gone so it will surprize him when he gets home on Sunday.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:37 PM

And here I thought SS stood for Sweet Son! :mrgreen: :oops:

I'm sorry I missed this before but please let him know that we enjoyed his costume and pictures! He was by far the best dressed (and looking) one there!

I LOVE the costume for the dog! He did great and is so talented! He should be proud of himself! 8th grade conqured, watch out high school!

We're looking forward to seeing his quilt! I hope you have a video camera to get the look on his face when he sees his surprise!

Also, I'm glad all the court stuff is over!
Old 05-23-2008, 05:10 AM

I loved seeing the joy on your son's face as he worked and modeled.

I REALLY hated to read how this teacher is turning kids off to reading, writing, and learning. :evil:
Old 05-23-2008, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations on getting full custody, that has to be a BIG relief :D I would love to see the look on his face when he sees his room! :D :D I hope all goes well with his visit with mom.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:59 AM

We will for sure have the camera readt when he see's his room for the first time and I will upload it for all to see! He will be leaving me for the first time in 9 weeks this afternoon. I almost feel sad, but he needs to forge a new relationship with his mom and I understand that. I will just miss him while he is gone.