I've been debating about what to put in the center of DS#1's San Antonio quilt, and I've been reading about Stack & Whack - dangerous combination! I had some Egyptian border fabric (no clue why!) so I decided to play a little. Having this much fun has got to be illegal somewhere!
Here's the beginning fabric (with the Dresden plate already cut out of it) and some of what I played around with. The one on the quilt top is just a 6" 60 degree diamond. The little ones are a Dresden plate and triangles I cut out of the scraps from the big diamond. They won't go with the quilt, but I'll find something to do with them :D
The big guy
The border fabric I started with
The little guys