Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Which star block do you like better?

Blog Entries

Which star block do you like better?

Block one seems boring to me. Block two centers are cut from the border fabric. Which should I stick with?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Helen T.

Blog Entries
    Well, I like the stars in block one the most. I like them both. The first one appears as a star more than the 2nd pic. JMHO

I like #2 the best.

I would use them both!! I love the formal look of your LeMoyne star but using the asian floral border fabric (YUMMY!!) in the center of your sawtooth star will tie everything together so nicely. I am assuming your final layout will be a modified Irish chain. In places where four stars come together, put your LeMoyne stars where you only have one or two stars (the outside peremeters) put the sawtooth but I would limit my star points to that teal color so it all ties together nicely. You have picked some gorgeous fabrics for this project.

I like the Lemoyne Stars the best probably because it is my favorite block and you have pieced them expertly.

The fact that you can't see the whole flower in the second bothers me. I may like it if the square were bigger.

Love them both!
    Patchwork Crazy!!!

I really like both of them!!!!!

I like #1 the best. You've pieced them very nicely too. The block in #2 looks like an "afterthought" to me ... kind of like "I like the square block with the flower I think I'll put a star around it", while block #1 is intentionally a star from the start.

BUT ... I like the color combinations better in #2.

Perhaps you just need different colors in #1. Either change the color of the chain, or use something other than the green in the Lemoyne?
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Think #2 looks best

Blog Entries
    I like the colors/fabric best in the second quilt blocks. Although it does depend what kind of look you're going for. If it's simple, use the second one. If you're going for the more challenging quilt, use the first. There is no real 'wow' factor with the first one, but it IS a more complicated block. Good luck!
    Go forth and sew!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast