Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Starting a New Project

Blog Entries
    Can't finish up my red, white and black just yet, need to go shopping for batting.

So today I started number 5 I think...and this is what the first block looks like!
    I'm thinking Patriotic!!
    The fabrics I'm using are found at yard sales and thrift stores!

In the block that's not black, it's a dark blue!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I like your new project, starting a new project is the best, isn't it? It's almost like falling in love. Today I was going to make the backing for a graduation quilt, so it must get done soon. Instead I started making crumb blocks, I'd never made them before and before you know it the day was gone, I'd made 17 blocks and hadn't put a stitch into making the backing. Ah, there's nothing like a new project!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dhanke
    I like your new project, starting a new project is the best, isn't it? It's almost like falling in love. Today I was going to make the backing for a graduation quilt, so it must get done soon. Instead I started making crumb blocks, I'd never made them before and before you know it the day was gone, I'd made 17 blocks and hadn't put a stitch into making the backing. Ah, there's nothing like a new project!
    I don't know what has got into me, I use to hate to sew, but all of the sudden, all I want to do! LOL

I have one thats started but I'm hand quilting it and just wasnt in the mood to do that one yet! LOL

And like I said on my post, the other one needs batting and I don't have any...

And I wanted to sew today, so I went looking for free patterns and found this one and was hoping I had enough of red white and blue, cause I wanted to make something that looked patriotic...

Thank you for your comment!
    Donna

Blog Entries
    What a beautiful block for your new project!! :thumbup: Please keep us updated as you make further progress!!
    :D :D :D :D

The stars look like fireworks! Nice pattern! You did a nice job on the pattern! :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug
    What a beautiful block for your new project!! :thumbup: Please keep us updated as you make further progress!!
    :D :D :D :D
    Thank you SulaBug, what a cute user name! And Wolfkitty...

What a pretty block....great fabrics too. Look forward to seeing what you make with this. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Will be nice to snuggle under while watching fireworks on 4 th of July!

Quote Originally Posted by dhanke
    What are crumb blocks?

Yep, it looks like a firecracker! Love it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast