Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting the seahorse log cabin

Wow, this is going to be great. And using the silverware tray for organization?!...what a great idea!!!!!

love the design. It looks very complicated. What a great idea for sorting out the strips and keeping them neat and right at hand. I will need to borrow that Idea. I have been using plastic bags but then the strips are not easily picked up.

You are a girl 'after my own heart'! LOVE the trays - I've tried numerous containers to organize my pieces, but this looks perfect :thumbup:

Your fabric choices are fabulous, and I will be watching for updates.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone for your comments - first 16 blocks are done (again!) :lol:

I like the way it's looking and I am having ideas for the borders using twisted log cabins - I LOVE those! :D

Scuse my messy design wall!
    Name:  Attachment-231893.jpe
Views: 61
Size:  37.4 KB

Very, very stunning use of color!! I love, love, LOVE your seahorse design, too. I live at the beach and would dearly love to have a quilt like this. You mentioned a book that gave you the idea for using cutlery trays to organize your strips -- can you mention the book's title, please? Good luck with your quilt -- and have fun!!

Can't wait to see the finished quilt. I love seeing your organization.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by libthekwltr
    Very, very stunning use of color!! I love, love, LOVE your seahorse design, too. I live at the beach and would dearly love to have a quilt like this. You mentioned a book that gave you the idea for using cutlery trays to organize your strips -- can you mention the book's title, please? Good luck with your quilt -- and have fun!!
    It is Judy Martin's Log Cabin Quilts but this design is NOT from that book - just to be clear! This is my own EQ design inspired by seahorsesanna's avatar, which she got from a book now out of print called Log Cabins in the Round by Barbara Schaffield - my design is different in that it features seahorse AND fish. :-D

Love the design, pattern, and color choices! Great quilting job too. I would have never thought of cutlery trays for organizing strips - what a super idea. Big Lots here I come!

I love this design do you have any thoughts about selling the pattern? The colors are beautiful.

It is going to be beautiful. I love the way you separate all your cut strips. Great idea. I am going to use it next time I make a log cabin quilt.
    Thanks for sharing.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast