Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve, Here's my reverse applique

Here are pictures of my applique wallhanging. I used both reverse and traditional applique. I'm not sure you can tell the difference on the pictures, but the red part on the buds are reverse appliqued and also the light colored background.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Minda,
    This is a wonderful block, great colors and beautiful applique. I have to get back to doing applique.

That is so beautiful Minda! Your handwork is exquisite!

Have you ever seen molas from Panama? They do wonderful reverse applique. One day, I'll get my collection out and photograph them. I doubt you need new ideas, but you have to make more of those! So pretty! I love your fabrics and design too. :D :D

Thanks for the compliments. The pattern I used is from Karen Kay Buckley, but the color picks were all mine.

Chele, I haven't seen molas from Panama. Please, please post pictures of your collection. I'm really curious. Thanks.

Minda, This is beautiful and your applique is wonderful. I love the choice of colors, the background is very striking. :D

Minda beautiful, beautiful. I have yet to try it, but will one day. Love your choice of fabric. Thank you for posting. :D

Wonderful!! You do beautiful work and I love your colors. Seeing this has made me rethink giving applique another try.

Blog Entries
    It's beautiful - work and color choices!

Minda, I'd like to say I understand it, but just don't. Is what you've done a several part appliqué process? Gadz, I don't mean to be dense...

Very pretty anyway.

Blog Entries
    WOWZER!!!! I bow and scrape at the foot of your monument! Your stitching is fabulous!!! love the colors and fabric choices, too. And SO clever to add that background. (or should i say foreground?) takes the pattern to new heights!

Steve, if you think about it, most applique is a several-part process. pieces are added next to or onto other pieces in their proper order. like putting together a 3-dimensional puzzle. :P

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast