Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Stripey Squares Quilt

My current quilt work-in-progress. Based on this quilt: http://www.flickr.com/photos/redpepp...ts/5055696086/">www.flickr.com/photos/redpepperquilts/5055696086/ by Red Pepper Quilts.

Thought this design would send me over the edge with it's spinning look, but once I tried making a square I was hooked (I must already be over the edge). I've thrown in some unconventional stripes like sheet music prints, written words prints and some dots. The squares are all made...70 of them. I'm now sewing them together into a quilt top. I really need to set this aside and do some Christmas sewing, but it keeps calling me. Once the top is done and can be moved from my design wall (an unmade bed), I really will have to set it aside for a bit. I just didn't want you to think I was sitting around doing nothing.

Stripey Squares Quilt Top
    Name:  Attachment-109309.jpe
Views: 54
Size:  65.9 KB

Doing nothing is also great too, as it gives us a chance to just let it sink in (on what we have already done so far)! By the way I like what you have done so far....:)

Blog Entries
    I Love your stripes. I guess I'll be collecting stripes to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing.

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    oh my goodness! I am So loving that. It looks like a labor of love. no Wonder you can't leave it be. You have perfectly matched the stripes - I'm in awe. Really look forward to seeing it completed. You must have been collecting stripes forEver. It's really struck my fancy.

that is so different and cool

Blog Entries
    Great job. Don't usually buy stripes and now am rethinking that. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

That is awesome - keep up the good work!

So neat! You're doing Red Pepper Quilts proud!

I really love the stripes, freezer!

And as long as it keeps calling you, that is allll that matters..Cause once it starts swearing at you.. Its misery from then on end lol

Awesome! I love how you included the music and words that also make stripes. Very cool quilt!!
    Quote Originally Posted by freezeframe03
    My current quilt work-in-progress. Based on this quilt: http://www.flickr.com/photos/redpepp...ts/5055696086/">www.flickr.com/photos/redpepperquilts/5055696086/ by Red Pepper Quilts.

Thought this design would send me over the edge with it's spinning look, but once I tried making a square I was hooked (I must already be over the edge). I've thrown in some unconventional stripes like sheet music prints, written words prints and some dots. The squares are all made...70 of them. I'm now sewing them together into a quilt top. I really need to set this aside and do some Christmas sewing, but it keeps calling me. Once the top is done and can be moved from my design wall (an unmade bed), I really will have to set it aside for a bit. I just didn't want you to think I was sitting around doing nothing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast