Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Stu-Stu-Studio >

Stu-Stu-Studio

Stu-Stu-Studio

Old 06-12-2010, 01:09 AM

I love your space...but do not touch the knotty pine. Really...it will help with resell...
K
Old 06-21-2010, 09:08 AM

Keep the Knotty Pine. It's all coming back in a few years. I'd happily trade my drywall for your Knotty Pine in my sewing room. Besides, it's a very manly finish!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:24 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by miholmes
Okay....some people are blessed with an acctual ROOM to dedicate to this addition called quilting. I was told I could use the basement.... :cry:

So I've been trying to get things put together for awhile. It's nothing beautiful....it's not a decorating triumph....but when I look at it I sigh a happy sigh, knowing I can have all my things setup and can leave them setup.

Anyway this is a hodge podge of items left over from when we purchased our new house. The previous owner passed away and they left most of the possesions in the house. It's a combination of old kitchen tables and and island from the kitchen before we remodeled it (which btw works GREAT as a cutting table). Old lamps, etc....but hey nice to be able to repurpose it instead of putting it in the landfill. :)

I still want to paint the knotty pine (the entire basement, and kitchen were knotty pine)And someday I will drywall the basement and make it more of an acctual from....but right now I want to spend that money on a frame to put on the opposite wall :)

At first I was kinda not excited about having the basment, but I am able to spread out, and it's nice and cool in the summer here. Anyway here it is....not much but I LOVE it! :)
Michael, I'm just now reading this thread, and I think your space is just FAB! Cool in summer and safe from tornadoes, a major plus in my book, LOL! (30 years in TX!) Personally I'd have painted the walls white, though, for brightness in a windowless environment. It's so neat and orderly, I'm impressed! I enjoy reading your posts here.

Jan in VA
Old 09-04-2010, 07:25 AM

NEAT!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

Great room! :)