Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Studio Reset!

Studio Reset!

We moved into our house 5 years ago and I threw my studio together. I didn't have the time to organize anything or make it "work". So I decided that this spring was the time to get it together.

The first picture was the BEFORE picture (I won't bore you with a panagraph view - the rest of the room was a bad as this).

The second picture - I tore everything out of the room EVERYTHING. And then rebuilt it from the ground up.

The third picture is the finished wall of stash. I still have a definite need for more space but this looks pretty good to me. I can SEE my fabrics!!

And the fourth picture is the area where I sew. I have the bench under the window (where the cat likes to lay and nap). I have another project laying on it - ready to finish.

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Carrie, Queen of the Seam Rippers!

Blog Entries
    I know when I re-did my room, and then took another bedroom and made it the cutting and ironing room, I slept better at night because of the organization. Won't ever go back to digging stuff out of totes. Even if I have to leave things astray after finishing a project or have to walk away from it all for awhile, I go down there every now and then, straighten it all up and I feel so much better. Your studio looks very inviting!

Wow! Wonderful place and great work getting it that way!
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

Kudos to your for finally achieving what you've wanted to do for a very long time. It looks great. Thanks for sharing your success with us.
    The bad news is - time flies.
    The good news is - you're the pilot!

Carrie,

That was a time consuming chore I am sure, but it looks very neat. All those pretty fabrics. Where's the cat? I really like cats and enjoy the avatars and pictures with cats in them.
    Kitsy

Awesome! Isn't it GREAT to have a nice, clean space all your own to sew in? I have the space... now I just need to make it clean again... LOL! Thanks for showing us your new space!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    Fabulous order to your room now - so nice and inviting. Thanks for taking the time to show it to us.
    Nikki in MO

Awesome!!!!!

Carrie! You used the Easy Cores here? Wow! What a difference. Doesn't it inspire you to new levels now? Love it! Love it!

Wow, that is just gorgeous. Love what you did.
    Gramma to Isabella and NEW baby brother Enzo!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast