Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugar & Spice but not everything was nice

Blog Entries

Sugar & Spice but not everything was nice

My latest finish. This is the quilt that I used the chalk marking pencils on and had to wash twice (and use Shout) to get the chalk out. Still some visible signs under some of the stitches. Its a sampler that we did at LQS. I also quilted a feather design in the border that doesn't show up at all after washing. I'm very new to long arm quilting (actually quilting my quilts period) and this one really was depressing to put that much work into very little visual reward. I've still got a lot to learn about choosing the right color of thread (I used cream - thought it would show up on the pink background). I did use a 30 weight thread.
    First picture is before the quilt was washed. Close ups are after washed, the cake fabric has a Hibiscus flower quilted in the center.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Joyce

Blog Entries
    pretty, love the desserts. wish they were real
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

That is definitely all sugar and spice, so pretty
    DEB CAVAN

Blog Entries
    nicely done
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    This quilt is perfect in every way. Lighten up on yourself. It is beautiful!

Very pretty! Love your colors.

I might be tempted to eat that quilt, it looks so good! You did a good job, so pat yourself on the back.

I
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

Blog Entries
    well it's lovely, i must say. i did a wall hanging quilt without batting and my cable design in the yellow border did not show well at all unless you got very close. I love feathers and would have been very distraught if I'd done all that work and it didn't show. Perhaps a different batting next time will do the trick.

Blog Entries
    You did a wonderful job.
    Just think of the border as a skill enhancement session, and none of your mistakes show!
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

It's a lovely quilt - love the color scheme. Your quilting is very nice, you say you're new to quilting your quilts but you did a great job. Be very proud. I don't like the chalk pencils either, I use the Frixion pens and love them. I have a friend who uses Crayolas washable markers and has never had any problems. I haven't tried them because with my luck I would be the one who has problems with them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast