Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sunlit Path Completed! >

Sunlit Path Completed!

Sunlit Path Completed!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by mamatobugboo
it is just so uplifting and HAPPY!!!! I love it!
i just read the info about her not taking it - what a complete bummer. I am so sorry for the aggravation and how unappreciative she is. I'm sure you told her that there is not enough fabric left to make the cases, (but if she sends you the fabric, you would be glad to make them)! :wink:

I think that it is just wonderful.... :D
Old 09-27-2009, 08:56 AM

Thanks for the understanding guys. I just am so angry about this. I pour my heart and soul into making quilts. From the initial pattern to the binding. This is the best one I've ever done in my opinion and my hubby's opinion, and now that she doesn't want it...I cried myself to sleep last night.

I woke up to find another nasty email from her telling me how dishonest I am being about not making pillow cases, and that I can just keep it.

i would be happy to make cases for her, but she needs to give me the money for materials, as I'm out of matching material. Or she can buy some solid color cases herself that will match...I just don't understand people sometimes.

I put so much work into this, my heart and soul, and I'm absolutely crushed at the actions of this horrible woman!

I could send it to one of you guys if you want! It needs a home!

But the bright side? My mother in law said she'd take it. I don't know how much use it will see at her house, but at least it gets it out of mine!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:31 AM

Lovely quilt & interesting pattern too!
Old 09-27-2009, 10:41 AM

OK now she is just being rude and greedy. It's a beautiful quilt and a nice gift. I would give it to her anyway. You can feel good about what you have done. She is the one being unreasonable.

Sorry this has happened to you and that it will put a strain on your friendship. Doesn't sound like she is being much of a friend. I call friends like that High Maintenance. :( :( :(
Old 09-27-2009, 10:42 AM

Yeah, she's not a friend. She was someone who I made a deal with to get a sewing machine because I couldn't purchase it from her. Not a friend at all.

I'm not giving it to her. She doesn't deserve it, and she doesn't want it anyway...so I'm trying to find it a home.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:51 AM

You can always donate it to your local church or school for a raffle to raise money for them. I KNOW they would appreciate your efforts and kind heart. :D :D
Old 09-27-2009, 01:38 PM

I like Joey's idea of donating to a church or hospital or something like that. The VA hospital would appreciate a gift like that!
Old 09-27-2009, 02:41 PM

Do you think that woman is actually angry, or is it her way of compensating you for making the extras (pillowcases)? I don't understand her ways, but she doesn't deserve your hard work. And I think I'd return that machine and call it a done deal.

What a beautiful quilt to end up with such hurt feelings tied to it.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:13 PM

I've actually got a buyer! Someone on this board saw the quilt and offered to give it a home. I'm just waiting on her sending me the funds to ship it to it's new forever home! She promised to make it happy and show it a picture of me every day! teehee!

Thanks for all your support and feedback.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:54 PM

So glad this is working out for you and that your quilt is going to have a loving home. :D :D :D