Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
the tale of peter rabbit >

the tale of peter rabbit

the tale of peter rabbit

Old 04-28-2010, 05:36 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I stumbled across this quilt this morning so I thought I would share it with you all as it has a story of a part of my life and my 3 yr olds life too.
When I was pregnant with eli (who we call little man) I basically lost my mind due to hormones going crazy. A lady that worked with my DM at WM knew about this and one day My DM brought some embroidery blocks to me and said Connie said to make a quilt with these. They were the story of peter rabbit, this is a story I have always loved and still do. I was in no place in my mind to be able to do it. But as my mind started to settle down towards the end of my pregnancy I went at it. Basically it is a story of love, trouble and a happy ending. Which is what I was going thru. I keep this quilt put away because I want to ensure that Eli has it for many, many years to come. I do bring it everyonce in a while. Right now Eli is asleep under it on the couch. I know it is not much of a story but this is the only quilt that I have made has a meaning to it or a story.

Peter rabbit quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16807[/ATTACH]

close up of pics on quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16814[/ATTACH]

another close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16815[/ATTACH]

this is eli or little man
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16816[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-16807.jpe   attachment-16814.jpe   attachment-16815.jpe   attachment-16816.jpe  
Old 04-28-2010, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

Just so you all know. Eli is now 3 and a half. we were worried that he was going to have some sort of birth defect because of the medication I was having to take but he is normal as normal can be. A little too over active and bigger than most kids his age. but that is alright. He is just like peter rabbit, knows he is gonna get in trouble for doing something but he does it anyway.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:54 AM

What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. The little man and the quilt are beautiful too.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lnordyke
What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. The little man and the quilt are beautiful too.
Thank you. Every time I think about that time a start to cry cause it was such a hard time in my families life.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:34 AM

Great quilt and a great story.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

You did the embroidery by hand ? Great Job and what a wonderful story to go with it . He will have it for his children :lol:
Old 04-28-2010, 07:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon b
You did the embroidery by hand ? Great Job and what a wonderful story to go with it . He will have it for his children :lol:
Actually I didn't do the embroidery a friend of my moms did it. I have no way to get hold of her as she doesn't work at WM any more or I would have her do more for me.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

That was so sweet of her ! The quilt is adorable :mrgreen: I have an embroidery machine that I need to use more :oops: LOL
Old 04-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Power Poster

Oh isn't this adorable?? I love your story. Many people will understand about hormones now since you shared your story.
I am gathering fabrics for a Little Red Hen quilt for my niece. That is her favorite story.

Oh ... You have a very handsome son there. Remember boys are rough and tumble. He has plenty of time to be reserved when he is older. LOL!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon b
That was so sweet of her ! The quilt is adorable :mrgreen: I have an embroidery machine that I need to use more :oops: LOL
I hope to have one of my owl some day. Just another thing to ad to my list of wants. Lol