I posted a bit ago about tea dying fabric and, as usual, got super helpful advice here. The top I was working on is done - it is for a wall hanging above my piano where I currently teach 23 students. I can't wait to get it completed so they can see it!
Nothing was quite as I wanted it. Couldn't find the border fabric I wanted so used the tube block method to make some. My block fabric was too bright white so that's where the tea dying came in.
Fabric - I have a large collection of music fabric. I make quilts for each high school senior who sticks with piano lessons that long. That's one girl this year, one the next, and ... if they stick with it three the year after that. SO ... I collect music fabric.
Panel and pattern: from http://www.blockpartystudios.com/shopping/patterns.asp
Size: 44" Square
I wasn't sure if I would dye the border, but I'm thinking not. The center is almost too dark - I got a bit carried away with the spray bottle - and I'm hoping that by leaving the border undyed it will lighten the effect overall. (The piano fabric in the border is a cream, not a white. The original note and panel fabrics in the blocks were a bright white.)