Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
TexasTwoStepQuilt >

TexasTwoStepQuilt

TexasTwoStepQuilt

Old 03-06-2009, 08:01 AM

Justquilting and GrandmaCindy: My quilt is scrappy. Our teacher had us bring in 2 1/2 inch strips of fabric from our leftover scrap bag stash and those big enough to strip sew, we stipped sewed 2 longer/longish strips together then subcut these strips into I think it was 2 1/2 inch rectangles or it would be a TWO Patch. Then we sewed 2 TWO patches together to get our 4 patch. If we didn't have enough strips, we cut the scraps 2 1/2 inches square and sewed them together to make 4 patches. Our teacher told us to "JUST PUT YOUR SCRAPS IN A BAG AND STICK YOUR HAND IN THE BAG AND PULL OUT A PIECE OF FABRIC WITHOUT PLANNING OR LOOKING. When I heard this suggestion I made sure that all the pieces in the bag kinda sorta went together but ALL of the fabric came from my scrap tub. I love scrappy and have made many of them over the years and never tire of the wonderful way to use up the fabric and am amazed at how pretty they are when finished.

Justquilting, don't be too CONTROLLING of your fabrics...just go for it. I'm sure you can make something scrappy that will please you no end. This is a dare! GO FOR IT! Grab those scraps and mix them up and make a masterpiece.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:26 AM

Nice quilt but he sure is a cutie
Old 03-06-2009, 08:42 AM

Renee: Yes, Lightening is a cutie. He was a foster kitty from our animal rescue who found his "forever home" with a nice family and we are thrilled...sad and we cried for days but thrilled for him. He had a very sad start in life but I think he hit the pot of gold with his new family.