This year I made two quilts I never thought I would make, a t-shirt quilt (photos coming soon, just need to label it), and a rag quilt. I plan to make a few for gifts this Christmas, and boy am I glad I made one for us first! Things I learned...well, for starters, the front is the back and the back is the front. The penguin print was supposed to be on the top, but I forgot that you're supposed to sew the blocks with the backs facing each other. Oops! I also had one naughty block that went in backwards, and I decided to leave it since it's just a couch cuddler quilt for my family. Also, spring-loaded snips are very helpful for clipping the seams, and be prepared to use an entire lint roller to get all the threads and fuzz off after washing. Another quilter suggested running a load of regular laundry immediately after washing the rag quilt, to push any remaining fuzz through the pipes to prevent clogging. I did this, and also emptied the lint catcher a few times during the drying process, and it worked great.
This one was made with 9" blocks (8" batting squares), 1/2" seam allowance, and came out to 54" x 69" after washing.
Thanks for looking, and have a beautiful day!