Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: those French seam pillow cases... what's a fair price?

Blog Entries
    Here's what I'm talking about (photos)... I figure they take about a yard of fabric all together... 26", 9" and 2" the width of the fabric. But if I go by triple, even double the cost of a yard (depending on where I got it), it seems too high. Maybe it's just not a profittable item? I was thinking $10-12, but even $12 seems high?? But $10 might not be worth the trouble :?: :?: :?: :?:

I have fabric cut and ready for 8 to sew this weekend, but this pertains more to next year's craft show. I was going to focus mostly on bookmarks and pillowcases, but now I'm not sure it's a good idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I just went to target.com & looked at pillow cases...the first ones on the list were 100% cotton, a pair of them for $29.99 - $36.99, and they were just one color. The next one down was poly/cotton, 2 color, $12.99. So I don't think $10 - $12 is too high for custom-made pillow cases. :D

I am pricing mine at $12 each. I do have multiples of some and if someone wants to purchase a pair, I might let them go for $20/pair.
    Most of my stuff is priced pretty low.
    My quilts that I am putting in...the cardinal one and the blue Christmas are priced at $150 each. I have a lap size one for $75. I cannot go any lower on those. I will barely be making a profit with those prices. Bill said I should raise the price to $200, then maybe work the price down if someone REALLY seems interested in it.
    I have some potholders for $2.
    Totes.....$20, not budging on that price
    runners....I"m not all that happy with, those will go for $10, maybe $15.
    Couple sets of embroidered towels ..... $40. Was thinking $30, but raised it only because I can bring the price down and still make a decent profit.
    Padded storybooks will be $12-$15...not sure on that price yet.
    and of course my mice....$10

Here is an idea Karla. First, i dont think 12 dollars is too much at all, they are gorgeous fabrics, but, if you say they take a yard to make, you can make a tote bag with a yard of fabric too, and sell for 20 dollars.....hmmm, just an idea you might want to try with your extra fabric?

Karla,
    $12 each and 2 for $20 sounds right to me. I am going to ask $10 each 'cause I goofed and didn't measure the small strip right. Your cases are beautiful. I think they should be a good seller.

judee

Blog Entries
    a pair of them for $29.99 - $36.99
    gulp--wow.

you can make a tote bag
    I'm scared of those...if the directions aren't for a quilt top--they appear in Greek. :?

Thanks, guess I'll go for $12.

One and a half more bindings to go and the 78 items are DONE! Then I can add little no-binding items until it's time.

Banned
    has anyone tried the small border with cotton crocheted flat lace instead of fabric?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zyxquilts
    I just went to target.com & looked at pillow cases...the first ones on the list were 100% cotton, a pair of them for $29.99 - $36.99, and they were just one color. The next one down was poly/cotton, 2 color, $12.99. So I don't think $10 - $12 is too high for custom-made pillow cases. :D
    I agree :D

Karla-my LQS sells their pillowcases for $15 each, so your $12 is very reasonable. I would not go any lower than $12-then it is not worth your time and effort.

Blog Entries
    :lol: While waiting for chorus to be called, I asked my 5th graders what they'd be willing to pay for a special pillowcase--and described possibilities, and the answers ranged from $1.50 to $50. :lol: :shock: :lol: :wink: :lol:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast