Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Those wasteful ladies at my quilt group!

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    I'd already thought of that! At first, I thought I'd take the block to show them, but I'll wait til I've got a quilts worth! LOL

K x
    Go, K!!! you show 'em.
    :wink: yeah, AFTER, ya got a few quilts, made. Do like I do...
    let 'em think your crazy, lol! :wink: :wink: :wink:
    (and laugh your butt off, the whole time.)
    smart is, as smart does! :XD:

Great save! Their trash is turned into a beautiful block! Going green is fun!

I love your block.... good work... hmmm, makes me want to join a quilting group :twisted: Well, other than this great bunch that is.

They really throw big pieces away. You go K.

The other night a friend and I were at quilt guild. A lady brought my friend a whole bag of "scraps" to use for quilts for the Church where we meet. Well, I spied a "kitty" fabric and grabbed it out before I even thought:oops: :oops: :oops: This "scrap" was over a yard of fabric!!! I did offer to give it back but my friend just laughed and said I could keep it!!

Izy
    Yeah!! Way to go girl!! Scrap happy block, I love it!!

I have abit of a reputation at my guild for raking the bins.... :roll: Last week as soon as I walked into the room one of our members came up to me, I thought she was going to give me a nice cuddle..NO she grabbed my hand and stuffed a few scraps in my hand before even saying hello!! :lol: This follows on from a few weeks before I went to make a cuppa and there in amongst all the soggy tea bags were some scraps of beautiful fabrics, so I grabbed them and said in a loud chastising voice 'WHO has thrown these scraps away???' LOL well it turns out this lady didn't know I beg steal or rummage for scraps, anyway it worked, as she handed me some lovely bright scraps tee hee!!

So SOMETIMES it does you good to be VERBAL :roll:

Keep up the good work K...you will find these crumb blocks are very addictived!! :lol:

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce

The other night a friend and I were at quilt guild. A lady brought my friend a whole bag of "scraps" to use for quilts for the Church where we meet. Well, I spied a "kitty" fabric and grabbed it out before I even thought:oops: :oops: :oops: This "scrap" was over a yard of fabric!!! I did offer to give it back but my friend just laughed and said I could keep it!!
    Wow - I hope the ladies at my group start throwing yards away! Most of the French ladies at least, seem to buy fabric for a project then toss the remnants. They've never heard of scrappy - ssshhh, don't tell 'em! :wink:

K x

Blog Entries
    K, maybe you should just place a little holder next to each lady so they can conveniently put their scraps for you in there!!..I wouldn't tell them what I was doing with them, just let them think you are crazy... :roll:

Good job! :) :)

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    K, maybe you should just place a little holder next to each lady so they can conveniently put their scraps for you in there!!..I wouldn't tell them what I was doing with them, just let them think you are crazy... :roll:
    I had thought about putting a separate bag next to the bin - it wasn't nice rooting through the sandwich crusts, etc - Izy, I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one! :D :D

K x

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast