Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Three Completions!!! >

Three Completions!!!

Three Completions!!!

Old 10-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Power Poster

Wow, they are all so sharp looking. Thanks for sharing them.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:15 PM

All of the work displayed in your photos is wonderful.
Your quilt with the cropped corner was a great example of it, besides being gorgeous.

Thank you for your explanation - I had not heard or seen cropped corners before.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
OK everyone ... have to fess up!!!

The cat is not real!! It's one of those fun fake ones that are pretty realistic ..... and over the years has fooled people as the real thing. With all the Quilt Inspectors that get shown, I just had to include it.

The dog didn't quite make it into the pics ... to the right of the Stained Glass quilt. Yes, a lifesized black lab in a soft plush ... again very realistic from the distance.

Yes, I'm a little warped!!!
Your cat makes me think of my mother's. She had Alzheimer's and we had put her into a nursing home (hated to do that but she needed care we could not provide) and my sister found a cat like yours but a tabby. It ran on batteries and you could set it into a motion sensor setting. It looked so real. Mother would take a little bit of her meat at a meal and some milk for the cat. The staff really played into with her and would come in and pet the cat and take away to food and milk after a while. When the stash of batteries would get low, my sister would call her husband and tell him the cat needed some more sea food, since the battery size was a "c" . One day I went there to have dinner with Momma and she told me very heartbreakingly that she though her cat had died because it wasn't moving. I said I would go check her and went down and replaced the batteries. I went back and told Momma the cat was fine, she had just been sleeping very hard. We didn't tell my brother about the cat and the first time he saw it he said he couldn't believe my sister and I had gotten the nursing home to agree to a cat for mother. He mainly visited her at lunch that day and when he left he called my sister to ask about the cat. He almost did not believe it wasn't real. My brother-in-law thought we should fix it a little litter box and sprinkle some nuts and screws in it for her poop. We decided not to do that but all laughed about it.
I am sorry to have been so long about telling this story but your cat brought back a funny, and lovely moment with my mom. Thank you for 'fessing up!
Old 08-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

JanieH .... Thanks for sharing your Mom memory! It's important to keep those with you. My Mom had Alzheimer's too, so I know all too well, what you went through. The cat ploy was perfect ... it was her "reality" and she enjoyed it. When A is in control of a loved one, it is important to live with it too, and do what you can for them to "enjoy" life in their world. There is no sense fighting it, as you surely cannot change it. I played with it too, some, with my Mom. Though my siblings didn't and would fight her at every chance. It was terrible. So yes, I can laugh with you about what happened, and am oh so happy that it helped you smile about her. (I'm still laughing about the seafood!). I'll be remembering this for a long long time.

Thanks for the kind words about my work. I still love that vivid roses on black quilt with its green trellises. Some quilts just stick with you more than others.

I don't often remake a quilt pattern, but here is the same pattern, in a totally opposite colour range ........
Butterflies for Comfort

It's such an easy pattern to make.
It would work well in a kids print too.

Last edited by QuiltE; 08-10-2018 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 04:24 AM

Wonderful quilt show. Thank you.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:21 AM

Beautiful work, like the kitty too
Old 08-11-2018, 10:03 AM

You ask if we are bored. How could anyone get bored with such beauty to observe. Your beautiful work is inspirational.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

KaraMarie ... Thanks ... no quilt show. It was just some finishes that I had at the time.

OldQuilter ... How kind of you. The kitty is the easiest pet look after that I have ever had!

ElNan ... aw shucks! You are way too kind and have me blushing.
Though I will admit, all these years later, they are still some of my favourite finishes.