Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Three WIP ... you likey?

Blog Entries
    Love all of them.

Blog Entries
    Ooohhhh...me likey ALL of them!!

They are gorgeous, great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Angie
    Likey? I lovey them All! The silhouette of the bird is awesome. You did a great job!

ButI can't see a bird and it's driving me crazy, where is the bird?

:-) Thank you... thank you... thank you! Sweet words of approval.

I try hard to do my very best each time I make something. I try and chose something that would take me just a little further than my skills are, it forces me to learn.

A hint cynde ... The cat is looking at it! Lol! It is intended to blend into the picture. The next step is to do the free motion outlining and embellishments. That is going to be the fun part. I want to find a hot fix crystal that is a very dark teal blue for his eye.

I will try and think of something a little less labor intensive for the ending of that quilt. I get too picky with the applique. I want this finished in my lifetime. LoL! Maybe some golden like the center with small prarie points to bring out the color with some intrest? I guess we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    :-) Thank you... thank you... thank you! Sweet words of approval.

I try hard to do my very best each time I make something. I try and chose something that would take me just a little further than my skills are, it forces me to learn.

A hint cynde ... The cat is looking at it! Lol! It is intended to blend into the picture. The next step is to do the free motion outlining and embellishments. That is going to be the fun part. I want to find a hot fix crystal that is a very dark teal blue for his eye.

I will try and think of something a little less labor intensive for the ending of that quilt. I get too picky with the applique. I want this finished in my lifetime. LoL! Maybe some golden like the center with small prarie points to bring out the color with some intrest? I guess we will see.
    I may be too late ... but, I really looked at your garden/sunflower/cat/bird quilt ... and I went through a TON of outside border ideas ... I cannot imagine .. oh, I think you said the other was red ... How about something that looks like a fence with the current type outer border fabric what you see through the fence ... ?

and then I finish reading the email I quoted and see: I don't want to do anything fussy ...and the prairie points ...

the thing I am seeing is HEY! Fabric that looks like rocks? like a path walking around your cat/garden/ and window frame? ... if the color is too great in contrast, it could be very hmmm.. not sure of the word...
    Oh, heck, Red, it looks like you know what you are doing and you really didn't need any advice
    Good deal!

Omak! I want to finish off the yellow quilt top! LoL! The other one is finished the way it is. It will be framed after the embellishments and quilting is done. That is a block that normally goes into a huge wallhanging by mckenna ryan. But, if you know anything about her stuff everything is too pricey for me to do a whole one. That is crazy!

Thanks for looking at it and trying to figure out what to do with it though. That was very sweet of you.

Here is her site to check out some of her quilts ... She lives very near my son and daughter in law.

This one is in the "storybrook farms" multi-block quit.

http://www.pineneedles.com/

:D :D :D Very nice! I likey them all. You are so fortunate to have a clever quilt shop that does something other than boring stuff. Good job on everything!

judee

Me likey a lot! Do any of them need a home? :wink:

Oh my, why didn't you finishes these sooner??? They are wonderful.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast