Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Toe Tapping Jazz is finally here! >

Toe Tapping Jazz is finally here!

Toe Tapping Jazz is finally here!

Old 09-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Power Poster

good luck with your new toy. she's beautiful. Now show us what she can do.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:35 PM

congratulations nice looking machine yes please do show us what she can do, I checked it out when it first came out I was impressed with the wider throat space but disappointed that they didn't make the height higher I didn't do a sew test on it, but please let us know how you like it...............good luck it's always fun getting a new machine
Old 09-04-2016, 04:30 AM

Wow - that will make for a fun weekend for you, kinda of like getting a new car.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:23 AM

Great looking longarm, congrats!
Old 09-04-2016, 10:25 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations. Good looking girl
Old 09-04-2016, 01:32 PM

yes let us know how she does, How tall is the harp space I can only find width also I can't seem to find out what the manufacture suggested price is? As usual its not listed anywhere and my local shop doesn't have this one. Trying to find out if its remotely in my price range lol
Old 09-04-2016, 02:24 PM

I have been playing around with the Jazz...so here is my review:
The height is 45/8 inches throat width ( right of needle) is 12 inches. Free motion quilted a table topper and tried my hand at coming up with a kimono design that I could use of fabric that I picked up at an estate sale yesterday. ( 9 Japanese fabrics in a kit without a pattern for $5).
Pros:
1. Size of the throat. (Need to understand my perspective as I have quilted a king and queen size quilts on a regular machine)
2. Bobbin winding- uniform in winding and tension plus easy to navigate the bobbin threading
3. Threading the machine- easy navigation and use of threading device
4. Needle stays down when stopped if placed in down position before sewing ( machine doesn't have a needle down/ up button)
5. Stitches include among 24 others: blanket stitch, patchwork, scallop, and star ( I used the star stitch on the kimono )
i don't need to stop and set up my Janome Horizon 12000 to do appliqué now. I can just continue with the Jazz.
6. Variable stitch width and lengths to suit quilting needs
7. Fairly quiet but is mechanical ( quieter than my Viking Emerald 118)
7. Can purchase extension table ( on Christmas list)
8. Thread holder can be used horizontal or vertical
9. 28 stitches - easy to select by turning a knob on the side and selecting picture of stitch.
10. Stitches even - no problems with tension
11. 2 compartments in the removable flat bed attachment
12. Knee lift

Cons:
1. Thread cutter on side of machine seems dull at times. Seems like you need to cut the thread from the front rather than the back.
2. Top thread through the needle must be at least 6 inches long or held tightly in hand otherwise if you use the thread cutter and then start sewing the front thread pulls out of the needle and you end up needing to rethreadthe machine. I have had plenty of practice threading today. Lol
3. Foot pedal seems a bit awkward, groans and takes a few seconds to get going. I have yet to find the sweet spot.

Overall, I am please with the Jazz considering I was able to trade in a 1990 embroidery machine that only straight stitched and whose LED screen went dark.

Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price is $1299. But look for dealer specials or check out quilt shows. You can usually find 0% interest offers with dealers.

Here are the two things I worked on with the Jazz:
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg  
Old 09-04-2016, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
congratulations nice looking machine yes please do show us what she can do, I checked it out when it first came out I was impressed with the wider throat space but disappointed that they didn't make the height higher I didn't do a sew test on it, but please let us know how you like it...............good luck it's always fun getting a new machine
The height of the harp is also a concern for me. I've read that it's only 4 5/8 in. high. Combined with the 12 in. width, that's about 55 square inches of harp. My mechanical Juki has 54 square inches (9 x 6). Wouldn't it be great if someone came up with a 12 x 6 harp, or 13 x 6, at a reasonable price. Straight stitch would be fine for me ...
Old 09-04-2016, 02:54 PM

Congratulations! Enjoy your new baby! Very nice.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:16 PM

You go! Show us your projects.