Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Totally awesome craiglist stash

I got these on craigslist. They are nostly fat quarter size, but at least 15 individual yards. Lots of 1/2 yards. Almost all of it is quilt shop quality. The womn who was getting rid of it said that it was her MIL's who had been a quilter. She askedthat if I really made a quilt of any of it, that I send her a picture. I agreed of course, but in truth I will send her the quilt-not just the picture. And it was all free, it filled 2.5 medium size moving boxes. The quilt gods have smiled upon me!

Michelle
    Attached Images Attached Images            

What a fun stash. Have fun! So sweet of you to make her a quilt. She'll be over the moon. I know the quilter is happy her stash went to a good home!

What a great match! Special you ended up with her fabrics...and you can make some donation quilts in her name....or one for the lady who was selling as you posted....Lovely fabrics....and a great save from the bin!

where the navy sends us, for now its Lansing MI
    wow.. what a score!!

What a wonderful find. I'd send her a picture and then ask if she'd like to have it. Some people aren't quilt people (I know, it's hard to imagine, isn't it?) and you wouldn't want to see all your hard work be put on Craigslist. The reason I say this is because I have a cousin that if she was given a quilt would give it away because she doesn't care for them.

That is a great find! She will flip when you send her a quilt. Good for you.

Bless you for intending to send her the quilt!

Some time ago I got a simular stash from a garage sale. Included were some quilt tops with the fabric. The seller, an older woman, said to come back and get more another day. I did and brought her a quilt made from one of her tops. She could not even speak for a bit when she saw it. Pay it forward, it sure feels good! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
    Some time ago I got a simular stash from a garage sale. Included were some quilt tops with the fabric. The seller, an older woman, said to come back and get more another day. I did and brought her a quilt made from one of her tops. She could not even speak for a bit when she saw it. Pay it forward, it sure feels good! :thumbup: :thumbup:

That's why I love this board......bless you too!

Wow!! Will you have fun with that!! What a find!! ;) ;)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast