Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Train car quilt

Ok, here are some pictures of the train car quilt I made for my nephew. Remember I am a beginner and this is my first quilt. I have to even the sides up and add borders. I'll post another picture again when the borders are on.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Your quilt is turning out really, really cute. How ever did you make that little tractor on the flat bed? Are you sure you're only a beginner?

Thank you Yvonne. For the tractor...I cut out a piece of fabric that had the tractor on it and then hand stitched it on. I counldn't get my machine to zig zag it on nicely, not that the tractor looks that great. I was contemplating on taking it out. If I leave it on I have to get fabric markers and color in the tan thread that shows on the tractor.

I think the tractor looks great!!! I wouldn't color the thread, for fear it might bleed when it's washed into the white. I've seen a lot of applique work where the thread was a contrasting color and it's always looked great!! You're doing a wonderful job!!

That is tooooo CUTE. What a great job and so detailed, He is one lucky fella. I can almost here the whistle a blowin.

great job. what a lucky little guy. he will treasure it.

very nice! I am new to this too but I wasn't as daring to try something complex like you! Hope when I do that I do as well as you have! Awesome quilt!

That's quiet a train car for a "beginner"! You did great! My grandson loves trains also, did you use a pattern or make it up yourself. You really did do a wonderful job on it!

Really nice, wow what a lot of work, you did a super job.......I would hang it ........lady you are good :D

That is an awesome beginner quilt! Can't wait to see it finished! Also can't wait to see your next project!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast