Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Trash to Treasure thanks to DH >

Trash to Treasure thanks to DH

Trash to Treasure thanks to DH

Old 04-26-2008, 06:29 PM

We have a neat dump site here. The guy in charge puts anything that is usable on the side and you'd be surprised at the stuff my hubby and I bring home. :oops: I have a beautiful drop leaf dark wood table in front of my fireplace right now! Have NO idea what I'm going to do with it but just couldn't let it sit out there in the weather! I have it covered with a blanket so it won't get scratched. The cat is sure going to miss it when I move it though! It's now his favorite place to lay cause he has a great vantage point to watch ever move I make without even lifting his head! :lol: You should hear him holler and paw at the window now that I can sit outside on the deck and read or sew. :evil:
Old 04-26-2008, 06:33 PM

How cool is that?! Great score! I hope you thanked your hubby appropriately!!! :)

Old 04-26-2008, 07:12 PM

That's awesome!! I love recycling!! Give him a hug from all of us!! :D
Old 04-26-2008, 08:02 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

great shelves and they look perfect for your quilting supplies...the shelves do look a bit empty though so maybe you need to do some retail therapy??
My husband also brings home things like that so i am lucky too..
Old 04-27-2008, 03:33 AM

My son works at lowes............I better put a bug in his ear.......that is super great........better than the sawdust glue stuff

My Dad used to come home with more than he took to the dump. Now you go to a tranfer station.......and boy do you pay. lol :D
Old 04-27-2008, 10:31 AM

Wow! :shock: Works perfectly. Very "green" of you too! Reuse and recycle.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
My son works at lowes............I better put a bug in his ear.......that is super great........better than the sawdust glue stuff

My Dad used to come home with more than he took to the dump. Now you go to a tranfer station.......and boy do you pay. lol :D
My husband won't let me go to the landfill. Once we took some stuff and another guy was there looking through stuff and I joined him. We found a whole box of GOOD scissors and divided them. Part of them were barber scissors and some were for cutting cloth. Then I found a small brass thingie that I polished and filled with potpourri.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:31 AM

Its nice to have someone in your life that thinks of things 'outside the box' to help you. My husband does the same sort of thing when he 'finds' something that will organize/help in my creative interests.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:19 PM

Those are great. My hubby and I are going to redo my quilt room and I'm always looking for new ideasfor storage.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:57 PM

Your new storage area looks amazing. Great job. At our dump there are signs telling you not to take anything. It's really crazy to me, as I'd love a big old tire for a tire swing. Or worse yet all the metal that people pay the county to take that they should have sold to a recycling company which would have made them money! Ah well... can't change people I suppose.