Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Tree of Life block

this is a pic of it before blocking next I will block and post again
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lovely

Beautiful!

LOOKS GREAT !

very nice!

Blog Entries
    Good going. Hope a little constructive comment is helpful...I don't want to discourage, but to encourage with helpful suggestions and instruction. So here goes.....

On so many small half square triangles you want to be very sure that the corners match up, and that your 1/4" seams are very accurate. It will prevent the need to "block" the block, as every small piece will lie flatter to begin with. I made a Tree of Life (a large one!) very early in my quilting career, and had much the same issues. Careful pinning at the "corners" while sewing the small HSTs together will help a lot.

Keep going, and you will see that it gets easier and easier. Your start is good!!! :-)

Blog Entries
    oh nice. are you going to make a whole quilt of those? good work.

That is a wonderful block. I really like it. They had a larger one at the quilt show I went to a couple months ago. They had all the family members sign one of the "leaf" triangles and made a family tree quilt out of them. It was so cool. Anyway I think you did a great job on your block and thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Good going. Hope a little constructive comment is helpful...I don't want to discourage, but to encourage with helpful suggestions and instruction. So here goes.....

On so many small half square triangles you want to be very sure that the corners match up, and that your 1/4" seams are very accurate. It will prevent the need to "block" the block, as every small piece will lie flatter to begin with. I made a Tree of Life (a large one!) very early in my quilting career, and had much the same issues. Careful pinning at the "corners" while sewing the small HSTs together will help a lot.

Keep going, and you will see that it gets easier and easier. Your start is good!!! :-)
    I want to thank you for your comments I enjoy constructive comments since usually help me a lot I didn't know about pining piecing.

Thanks again
    ~Dave